The Technology, Colleges and Community Worldwide Online Conference (TCC Online Conference) is a virtual, professional development event held annually online. This event enables faculty, staff, students and administrators in higher education worldwide to share their expertise and engage in discussions about innovations and practices related to the use of technology for teaching and learning.
TCC runs on a real-time schedule, with starting and ending dates and times. It includes activities such as live presentations and discussion sessions that begin and end at set times throughout the day. The conference theme focuses on current trends and issues related to technologies for teaching and learning.
For further information, contact the conference coordinators:
Paper proceedings from this conference is available online:
- Ho, Curtis, P. (Ed). TCC Conference Refereed Proceedings (2006-present). Retrieved from https://tccpapers.coe.hawaii.edu/archive/
For additional information, see:
- Kimura, B. Y. & Ho, C. P. (2016). The TCC Worldwide Online Conference: Twenty years of affordable, timely professional development. International Journal for Educational Media and Technology. 10(1), 18-25. Retrieved from http://jaems.jp/contents/icomej/vol10/2_Kimura.pdf
- Ho, C. P., Kimura, B. & Boulay, R. (2011). Retrospective analysis of a virtual worldwide conference for eLearning. International Journal for Educational Media and Technology 2011, 5(1), 107-117. Retrieved from http://jaems.jp/contents/icomej/vol5/IJEMT5.107-117.pdf
- Kimura, B. Y. (2003). The TCC Online Conference : Faculty Sharing Information About eLearning Globally. Japan Society of Educational Information, 19, 60-62. Retrieved from http://ci.nii.ac.jp/lognavi?name=nels&lang=en&type=pdf&id=ART0001258793
- Kimura, B. Y. & Ho, C. P. (2008). Online conferences and workshops: Affordable & ubiquitous learning, Opportunities for faculty development. Proceedings of the Distance Learning and the Internet Conference 2008. Retrieved from http://www.waseda.jp/DLI2008/program/proceedings/pdf/session3-1.pdf
- Kimura, B. & Shimabukuro, J. (2001). The Teaching in the Community Colleges (TCC) Online Conference. LeagueTLC Innovation Express. Retrieved from http://www.league.org/leaguetlc/express/inn0107.htm
- Shimabukuro, J. (2000). What is an online conference? The Technology Source Archives. Retrieved from http://technologysource.org/article/what_is_an_online_conference/
Accessibility Information on this website is available in alternate formats. For disability accommodations, advance notice is requested. Contact Bert Kimura <firstname.lastname@example.org> ten (10) days prior to the conference start date.
TCC Hawaii, LearningTimes, & the Learning Design and Technology Department (LTEC), University of Hawaii College of Education, collaborate to produce this event. Volunteer faculty and staff worldwide provide additional support.
TCCHawaii.org is a Hawaii incorporated, non-profit, educational organization founded in 2010. The organization sponsors and produces professional development opportunities for faculty, staff and students in higher education worldwide, such as the annual Teaching, Colleges, and Community (TCC) Worldwide Online Conference. Contact Sharon Fowler <email@example.com> if you are interested in making a donation.